My mind and spirit seemed to be clearing and Sunday night we studied Isaiah 65. It tells of a whiney rebellious nation headed for captivity and the hope of restoration in a new heaven and new earth upon Christ's return when God declares he will make all things new. This was connected with Titus 2:11-14...the grace of God has appeared bringing salvation to all men, instructing us to deny ungodliness and worldly desires, and to live sensibly, righteously and godly in the present age. Basically what I heard was that God will restore this world to what he intended it to be but in the interim, by His grace, I have a choice in how I choose to live. I can whine and complain, focusing entirely on my self or live dependently, resting in His grace, choosing to live each day obediently and in faith. (Although I can still crave a cold glass of milk.)
BTW - Sports Med in Iten is going great - more contact with coaches and seven patients today. I have now done all forms of Kenyan public transportation - the tuk tuk, matatu and today the piki piki.
Christine already mentioned the safari ant invasion, (you haven't lived until you have known the pain of several safari ants biting into your inner thigh), so I will let that one rest for now.
Love you all,
Jeremy
No comments:
Post a Comment