Tuesday, July 4, 2017

A personal contrast

On my run this morning I looked down at my shoes and noticed how clean they were compared to last week. They were covered in red dirt from 2 weeks of running dirt roads. This morning they looked like new, as if I just pulled them out of the box. Our housekeeper, Sally, had cleaned them without me asking. She has also cleaned my work shoes and sandals. (Having 3 pairs of shoes with me is also a sign of my excess.) This is no easy task to scrub the red dirt out of the fabric. My hiking sandals I used to climb Kip Kunur  and they were caked with mud but now look like new. Sally works every day without complaint cleaning floors, and washing clothes. She makes our life a little more comfortable without seeking recognition for herself. I am very grateful for her and her example to all of us. She is a person who walks in a manner worthy of the Lord, (Colossians 1:9-12). What a contrast to my self focused attitude. Humbling.

Jeremy

1 comment:

  1. Your insights are an encouragement and a perspective wake-up to all of us. Thank you for sharing how God is working in your lives and those around you! Praying daily for you guys! Your posts are a blessing.
    Dick

    ReplyDelete