We are doing well..even survived the safari ant invasion last night - they were coming in under the door - FYI, powdered laundry soap is the cure...and watching your husband battle them in his socks and underwear is quite humorous. Annie and Ella went on rounds today with us. It was a busy day with the challenges that come with practicing medicine without resources. There is always combined sorrow and joy and Jesus meets us in both. It rained last night and is raining again now!! The work in the church library continues. Not many more days until we start our journey home - we covet your prayers for the remaining days here and the travel to get us to Safari and then home. My mom promises she will blog before this trip is done and we are all working on a special "list" blog so stay tuned. - Christine
Tuesday, July 4, 2017
Only Josef Can See
Since Josef is the only family member who can't write a blog - I thought I would share what I have learned from him...I reflected on this today as he jumped in the puddles with several Kenyan school boys on lunch break. I have realized that Josef has something that none of the rest of us have - the ability to truly see people as God does - to accept everyone as equal and to not discriminate based on race or socioeconomic status. Try as I may, I can't get rid of my judgement when I see the extreme poverty here. I see the kids with torn shoes and dirty clothes and I have an immediate emotional response. Although I wish it was pure compassion and love that I feel, I know that there is an element of assumption or disgust. I hate that in myself and love that Josef doesn't see anything other than another kid to play with. It's like the below pictures that Sam took on our hike - when we get tripped up by the image in front of our eyes, we aren't able to see clearly the bigger view of God's created beauty - if we can, however, look past... then we see only the view of beauty. "There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither slave nor free man, there is neither male nor female, for you are all one in Christ Jesus." Galatians 3:28.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment